QUICK LINKS:

Snow-Covered Furnace Vents Caused Hospitalizations

Created: 01/30/2014 7:46 AM KAALtv.com

NEW ULM, Minn. (AP) - Two of the three people who were sickened by carbon monoxide at their New Ulm home remain hospitalized.
    
Authorities say the incident serves as a reminder to check your home's outdoor furnace vents to make sure they're clear of snow.
    
Ninety-three-year-old Arnold Schweiss and his 90-year-old wife, Velma, are in satisfactory condition at Hennepin County Medical Center. Their son was treated and released from New Ulm Medical Center Monday.
    
KEYC-TV reports police say snowdrifts around the home's exhaust and intake vents caused carbon monoxide to build up in their house and sickened the three.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)