Updated: 01/05/2014 10:49 AM
Created: 01/05/2014 10:47 AM KAALtv.com
(KSTP) - A gas tank explosion sent dozens of fireballs into the air behind an apartment building on Sunday morning in Rogers, police said.
Large fireballs were reported by residents in Rogers at 13600 S. Commerce Bvld. near Diamond Lake Road at 8:40 a.m. Sunday.
Fire Chief Brad Feist said there were no injuries and no damage to the apartments. He says the damage was confined to an outside propane generator.
Preserve at Commerce Apartment tenants and surrounding neighbors have been taken to the Rogers Theater, police said.
Bill Decowski said the first fireball shook his house. Then he said they felt dozens more.
The investigation is ongoing. First responders and crews are working through subzero temperatures.
He estimated the balls shot up four to five stories in the air.
KSTP is working to obtain information. Check back for updates.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.