Posted at: 10/02/2013 4:28 PM
Homeowner Blames Self for Causing Fire in Austin
(ABC 6 NEWS) -- Two buildings were destroyed on a rural Austin property Wednesday afternoon, after flames quickly spread.
Firefighters were called to the home on 195th street around 3:45pm.
The owner of the home told ABC 6 News that he was smoking, and flicked a lit butt. The next thing he knew, a fire had started and quickly spread. He believes that is the cause, because there is little to no electrical equipment in the area.
A garage and shed were destroyed, but firefighters were able to save one other building.