Posted at: 03/12/2013 4:06 PM
By: James Wilcox
Snakes Greet Firefighters Responding to Apartment Fire
(ABC 6 NEWS) -- Firefighters in Rochester responding to an apartment fire came across an unexpected discovery, three Ball Pythons.
Crews were called to Summit Square Apartments Monday afternoon. Inside they found two of the pythons loose. Another one was dead.
It appears a heating element under plastic bins the snakes were stored in started the fire. Crews say a sprinkler system kept the fire from spreading.