Posted at: 10/23/2012 6:08 PM
Updated at: 10/23/2012 7:47 PM
Vehicle Catches Fire in Garage
(ABC 6 News) -- Rochester fire crews responded to a home with smoke coming from the garage.
It happened at 5723 22nd Ave. northwest just after 5:30 Tuesday evening.
Crews forced entry into the garage and found a vehicle on fire, extending to the garage and other items.
The fire was extinguished after the hood of the vehicle was forced open. No one was inside the garage or home at the time.
Officials say the car is a total loss and there is heavy fire and smoke damage to the garage. There is also minor smoke intrusion into the home.
No word yet on the cause of the fire.