Updated: 03/20/2014 9:24 PM
Created: 03/19/2014 7:24 PM KAALtv.com
By: Nick Winkler
Matthew Heisler, a University of North Dakota student from Lakeville, died Tuesday from injuries sustained in a house fire Sunday morning near campus.
His roommate and best friend, Ryan Nelson, went into the house, pulled Matthew out, and gave him CPR to restart his heart. That made it possible for Matthew's family to say goodbye and for doctors to harvest his organs.
The Hennepin County Medical Center held a flag-raising ceremony to honor Heisler's gift. His father says his son's organs may help as many as 60 people.
Family and friends gathered for the ceremony Wednesday afternoon.