Posted at: 11/06/2013 4:42 PM
MPCA Fines Dozens, Including City of Rochester for Violations
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency completed sixty-three enforcement cases in thirty-nine Minnesota counties during the third quarter of 2013. These penalties totaled just over $570,00 dollars.
Here's a list of those in southeast Minnesota cited for environmental violations.
· Kurt and Beckie Kronebusch, Plainview, for air quality and solid waste violations - $5,000
· City of Rochester, Rochester, for stormwater violations - $4,800
· Geislinger and Sons, Inc., Rochester, for stormwater violations - $4,800
· Elgin Milk Service, Inc., Elgin, for hazardous waste violations - $4,300
· Houston County Airport, Caledonia, for water quality violations - $4,300
· Kimmes Bauer Well Drilling & Irrigation, Blooming Prairie, for water quality violations - $4,000
· Brannt-Valley Excavating, Winona, for water quality violations - $3,900
· Pauline Brannan, Kasson, for solid waste violations - $1,625
· Precision Septic Service, Alden, for asbestos violations - $1,000
· Bishop Excavating, Blooming Prairie, for asbestos violations - $350
For a complete list of all violations statewide, click here.