Posted at: 05/11/2013 10:07 AM
Updated at: 05/12/2013 8:22 PM
By: Leslie Dyste
Major Closures on I-94, 35W to Reopen for Morning Commute
Drivers may want to avoid downtown Minneapolis Sunday. Both directions of 94 and 35W are closed in the downtown area through early Monday morning.
Crews are replacing two bridge decks where the two interstates are side-by-side in Minneapolis.
• Northbound I-35W closes between the downtown exits and Hwy 280
• Southbound I-35W closes between the Hwy 55 and the I-94/35W split
• Eastbound I-94 closes between the I-35W/94 split and Hwy 55
• Westbound I-94 closes between Hwy 280 and the downtown exits
• Traffic will be detoured to westbound I-94, westbound and eastbound I-694 and Highway 280
Some travel times were increased by an hour for some drivers Saturday and Sunday.
All lanes will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, May 13.