Posted at: 04/15/2013 5:29 PM
From The Chew - Clinton Kelly's Spring Stroganaff
Makeover last night's roast beef into tonight's comforting pasta dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds Tagliatelle
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 pound leftover Roast Beef (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup leftover Roast Beef Sauce
- 1/2 cup Beef Stock
- 1 cup Button Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 2 Spring Onions (sliced; plus more for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons Sour Cream (plus more for garnish)
- Salt and Pepper
Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Season with salt so that it tastes like the ocean. Cook the pasta one minute less than the packaged instructions.
Place a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the butter and about 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Add the pasta to the pan and toss to coat. Keep warm in the pan until ready to platter.
In another saute pan over medium-high heat, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Pour about 1/2 cup of the leftover sauce and the beef stock into the pan. Let simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Then add the leftover roast beef. Turn the heat to low and add the spring onions. Add the sour cream and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Pour pasta onto a platter. Pour the sauce over the plated noodles and top with a dollop of sour cream and garnish with thinly sliced spring onions.
1. Taste the dish before adding salt, because the leftover ingredients have already been seasoned.