Posted at: 01/29/2013 11:08 AM
Milk Makes Game Day Party Foods Better!
It’s not just the commercials that can make your big game celebration so much fun, it’s also what is on the buffet table. Hy-Vee Dietitian, Jen Haugen, will enlighten the audience on why milk can make any game day party better!
Kick off your mornings with milk’s bone-building calcium. Milk is the #1 food source of calcium. No other naturally occurring drink contains as many nutrients as milk. We store 99% of our calcium in our bones.
Tackle your big game with milk. Tackle your big game day with high-protein milk at breakfast. Chocolate milk as a perfect partner to all those savory treats on display for the big game AND it’s easy to build a smoothie with your teams favorite colors. Milk can boost your mornings and fuel you for success.
Milk gallon makeover. Turn your gallon of milk into a football field by marking the carton with 2 goal lines and with marks at every “10 yards” in between the end zones. See how long it takes your family to go from the 50-yard line to the end zone!
- Win free milk for a year! Hy-Vee is working with our local milk processor – Kemps – to help customers win milk for an entire year. Take a picture of yourself with a milk mustache and upload it to www.facebook.com/kempscows for a chance to win milk for a year!
Game Day Fruit Pizza
Quick, easy and cottage-cheesy!
All you need
- 1 pkg refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup Kemps 1% Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 cup Kemps Skim Milk
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup light whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh or canned fruit of choice
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
All you do
- Roll out sugar cookie dough to size and shape of pizza pan.
- Bake according to package directions. Cool completely.
- In a food processor blend cottage cheese, milk, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in light whipped topping.
- Spread evenly onto cooled sugar cookie crust.
- Top with sliced or diced fruit, arranging fruit in any pattern according to your taste.
- Heat apple jelly until liquid and brush over finished pizza to create a clear glaze. Chill.
Jen Haugen represents Hy-Vee as a nutrition expert promoting healthy eating throughout the community. Jen is a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.