Posted at: 01/16/2013 3:27 PM
From Rachael Ray: COBB CHICKEN ROLLS
This simple make-ahead Cobb salad-inspired supper makes a beautiful presentation for family and friends.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, split open like a book and pounded thin
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 12 slices lean, smoky bacon
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup smoked blue cheese or blue cheese crumbles (such as Oscar’s brand)
- Cooking spray
- 2 hearts of Romaine lettuce, chopped and dressed in vinaigrette or lemon juice and olive oil, salt and pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF, placing a rack in the center of the oven.
Season the chicken with salt, pepper and thyme. Arrange the bacon on a cutting board overlapping the long edge of every three slices.
In a small bowl, combine the onion, eggs, parsley and the blue cheese. Stuff each chicken breast with the mixture; roll into bundle and secure with butcher twine.
Place a bundle of chicken on the three overlapping slices of bacon and wrap them to cover the chicken, like the stripes on a candy cane or barber poll. Spray the wrapped chicken with cooking spray and cook on a slotted pan to deeply golden and crispy, 35-40 minutes. Cool to handle.
Place a bed of greens on a plate and slice the rolls; arrange on top.