Posted at: 12/11/2012 10:23 AM
UPDATE: Downtown Austin Fire Not Arson
(ABC 6 NEWS) -- Austin fire crews responded to a fire at Sako African Food Market late Monday night.
Flames were noticed by citizens, who called authorities around 10:45 p.m.
When crews arrived on scene at the 100 block of 4th Avenue, smoke could be seen pouring out of the building.
Tuesday morning, Austin Fire Chief Mickey Healey said the fire was likely caused by careless use of a candle or incense burner. He said there was no evidence to investigate the fire as arson.
There was no one inside the building at the time, and the building remains structurally in-tact.