Posted at: 09/28/2012 6:47 PM
By: Laura Lee
Death Toll up to Six in Mass Shooting at Minneapolis Business
(ABC 6 News) -- We are learning new details about the workplace shooting in Minneapolis that left six people dead including the shooter.
The gunman has been identified as 36-year-old Andrew Engeldinger, who police say may have been practicing before the attack.
The suburban Minneapolis neighborhood resembled a war zone.
Armored vehicles and tactical teams converged on a small sign-making company called Accent Signage Systems.
According to police he had been fired from his job early Thursday and when he returned at approximately 4:30 p.m. that afternoon, he started shooting. Police say it looks like he targeted specific people.
"I was just taking my senior pictures by the old elevator warehouse and in the middle of the shoot we hear about four or five gunshots," says resident Marques Jones.
Inside the business, police found five bodies including the shooter's, who investigators say died of a self-inflicted gun shot wound.
Among the victims, 61-year-old Reuven Rahamim, the company's owner who was born and raised in Israel.
Four others were injured and rushed to the hospital, two remain in critical condition. Friday afternoon, authorities confirmed another victim died from injuries. His death now brings the total number of those killed to six including the gunman.
"Obviously we will have a horrible crime scene that we'll be dealing with over time," says Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Ryback.
During a candlelight vigil to honor the victims, stunned residents leaned on each other for comfort and support. While the shooting was isolated to the sign company, the quiet Bryn Mawr community is still shaken by what happened.