Posted at: 12/13/2011 3:49 PM
A Gluten-Free Gathering
Hy-Vee Registered Dietitian Jen Haugen will share with your viewers how to enjoy the holidays gluten-free.
Did You Know?
Holiday Toffee Bars
Wrap up holiday gift giving with a rich and buttery toffee bar cookie.
Makes: 32 Bars
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups Bisquick® Gluten Free mix
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
All you do:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, vanilla and egg yolk. Stir in Bisquick mix. Press in pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until very light brown (crust will be soft). Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips on hot crust; let stand about 5 minutes or until chocolate is soft. Spread chocolate evenly; sprinkle with nuts. Cool 30 minutes in pan on cooling rack. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
Nutrition Facts per Serving: 140 calories, 8 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 16 g carbohydrate, 130 mg sodium, 1 g protein
Jen Haugen represents Hy-Vee as a nutrition expert promoting healthy eating throughout the community. Jen is a member of the American Dietetic Association.