Posted at: 12/06/2011 3:56 PM
Guilt-Free Holiday Baking
White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Cookies
Serves 48 (1 cookie each)
All you need
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup peeled, mashed avocado
1 large egg
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup white baking chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans
All you do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in avocado until blended.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture and mix well. Stir in oats, baking chips, cranberries and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheet and bake 12 minutes or until light golden.
- Cool cookies on cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 100 calories, 5 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 9 g sugar, 1 g protein.
Daily Values: 2% vitamin A, 0% vitamin C, 0% calcium, 2% iron.
Jen Haugen represents Hy-Vee as a nutrition expert promoting healthy eating throughout the community. Jen is a member of the American Dietetic Association.